Re: Bug #814 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: Bug #814
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Malcolm,

This has been "fixed" in the latest builds of the 7.3 driver.  Download
from jdbc.postgresql.org.

The "fix" was to just report a better error message in this case.  If
you are storing non-ascii data, you are going to need your database to
be running with an encoding that can store that data.  Thus in your
situation as you are reporting below you would need to recreate your
database in latinX or unicode.

thanks,
--Barry