Re: Streaming binary data into db, difference between Blob - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Tenny
Subject Re: Streaming binary data into db, difference between Blob
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
You could always implement your own logical blob manager that implements blob IDs
and breaks blobs into BYTEA records of a particular (manageable) maximum size and associates
multiple BYTEA chunks with the blob id.

More work, but a least common denominator approach that should be portable to other systems as well.

Nicolas Modrzyk wrote:
I was following the conversation on blobs with interest.

c-jdbc supports Blobs and Binaries with Postgres.
At the moment though, given the number of different platforms we are
trying to support there is no streaming as such available.

But you can definitely stored and retrieve Blobs from your postgres
databases environment with redundancy.

Nicolas,