arbitrary data scheme - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Petr Duchon
Subject arbitrary data scheme
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello everybody,

Is it possible to design an arbitrary, hierarchical data scheme, that
would allow its modification & extension during devel process?
In ideal case, it should also support some inheritance. I tried ltree
for the hierarchy, and that worx fine. But I ran into problems when
traversing across different tables connected by id. The DS and SELECTing
just gets too complex to handle. And too inefficient, maybe. Does
somebody have any experience with this? I'm thinking of it for too long
now and i'm getting a little desperate.

Thank You,
Petr.