Re: Errors sending Blob to DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Errors sending Blob to DB
Date
List pgsql-general
It would be helpful to see the code that you actually wrote. Just the part that initiates the transfer of the blob though.

Derrick Betts wrote:
I am using Delphi7 and PostgeSQL 7.3.2

My DB table is as such
    Create Table files (
emalid varchar(80),
memocolumn text,
savedfile oid );

I cannot post Blobs to the DB that are larger than a typical icon. If the Blob is small, it goes through just fine. When I try to send a larger object to the DB, I get a Postgres error:

SQL Error: pqReadData() - read() failed: errno=0

What am I doing wrong with this and what can I change to eliminate the error and get larger files into the database?

Thank you,
Derrick

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.