Re: Issues with calling stored prcedures - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tim McAuley
Subject Re: Issues with calling stored prcedures
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> I suspect the problem is that your stored procedures are generating
> notice messages to the client.  These notice messages get queued up in
> the jdbc driver as warning objects.  I bet if you called getWarnings()
> you would see all of the notice messages.  That would be your 'memory
> leak'.
>
> In the current code these warnings are queued per statement object,
> but in older versions of the code they are queued per connection.

Barry,

You are a life saver. I only figured out last night that the stored
procedures seemed to be the weak link but didn't even think to look for
NOTICE messages. You are absolutely correct!

I have lowered the messages to debug level and also added a check for
sql warnings on the connection to warn of this in the future.

Many thanks!

Tim