Re: Slightly improve initdb --sync-only option's help message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Slightly improve initdb --sync-only option's help message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 26 Jul 2021, at 20:05, Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:

> Here are my suggestions in patch form.

-    printf(_("  -S, --sync-only           only sync data directory\n"));
+    printf(_("  -S, --sync-only           safely write all database files to disk and exit\n"));

I think removing the word "only" here is a net loss, since it IMO clearly
conveyed that this option isn't doing any of the other initdb duties.  The
documentation states it in more words, but the help output must be brief so I
think "only" is a good keyword.