Re: Some problem, possibly bugs in pgadmin3 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Some problem, possibly bugs in pgadmin3
Date
List pgadmin-support
Rudy Koento wrote:

>Hi, I've searched these problems on the mailing list
>archive, but can't find any.  Forgive me if I'm
>restating it again.
>
>1)  When I right click on the table name and choose
>properties, go to the constraints tab, I only have 1
>constraints.  But when I open up the treeview list of
>that table, I can see that there are more than 1
>constraints in the "Constraints" tree.

This works correctly under win32, but the source contained a typo which
gtk recognized. so I assume you're working under Linux? You may give a
hint about the used platform when posting bugs... :-)

>2)  When I click on the vacuum icon and then click ok,
>then vacuum is done and the "OK" button is changed to
>"Done".  But I can still select other choices (ANALYZE
>and REINDEX).  However, when I click the done, the
>dialog box is closed.

Yeah, done is done. This might be a bit confusing.
Initially, I designed it this way to prevent executing the same stuff
over and over again. Over time, the dialog got some more features, so we
might need to think it over.

>3)  When I add a constraint on the dialog box,
>changing the "References"  listbox (on "Properties"
>tab) doesn't change the "Referencing" listbox (on
>"Columns" tab).  So after clicking "OK", the pgadmin3
>segfaulted.

There are strange things going on about this "References" combobox. On
my machine the value _before_ changing is used to set that reference
columns combobox. When debugging, the cursor will freeze. This will need
further investigation.

>Anyway, these are minor problems :)

Nevertheless, they're worth being fixed.

Regards,
Andreas