Re: Not able to install Windows Version Yet - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From stephan.michael.rupp@t-online.de
Subject Re: Not able to install Windows Version Yet
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hello, all,
hello, Mac,

I could add another hint that might be useful:
First, I had the same problems as you (producing the error message
mentioned by you***).
After that, I read somewhere not to install the "Curr" installation
(see the radio buttons in the top of the setup windows), but to take
the "Exp" installation - and all worked fine!

Regarding your problems with the C:\ hardcoded, I didn't (yet)
experience this.

Kind regards
Struppi

Am 19 Aug 2003 um 13:18 hat Christian Traber geschrieben:

> Hi,
>
> installing cygpic1.14 from
> http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/index.html
> should solve your initdb problem.
>
> Sorry, but I only know this german site with instructions.
> http://www.itechy.de/itechy_org/postgresql/postgresql_cygwin.html
>
> Maybe it helps,
> Christian
>
> Mac wrote:
>
> >Hello
> >
> >I am not able to use latest windows version .
> >
> >Installer seems to have verious problems:
> >
> >- It does not allow you to select a path!
> >- If your windows is on drive D it will install PostgreSQL on drive D but
> >all batch files have drive C: hardcoded in them!
> >- Service is not installed by default
> >- Database initialization (Creating Data directory etc) should be done by
> >installer (most of people do not know they should do it themselves)
> >- Even if you install postgres on your drive C: you are not able to run he
> >service (inside services MMC template).
> >- Trying to initialise database:

***

--