Re: problem with installing cygipc-2.00.tar - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Henshall, Stuart - TNP Southwest
Subject Re: problem with installing cygipc-2.00.tar
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

maybe you need to do tar -jxvf cygipc2.00.tar.bz2
or:
bunzip2 cygipc2.00.tar.bz2
tar -xvf cygipc2.00.tar.bz2
hth,
- Stuart
P.S. Sorry about the format caused by the disclaimer adder :(

-----Original Message-----
From: vibha [mailto:vibhaj@networkprograms.com]
Sent: 19 August 2003 02:04
To: pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org
Subject: [CYGWIN] problem with installing cygipc-2.00.tar

THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SWEPT FOR VIRUSES BY THE NORTHCLIFFE GROUP MAILSWEEPER SERVER.

Hi Sir/Madam,
I am trying to upgrade Postgersql7.1.3 to Postgresql7.3.4 for it i need an updated version of Cygwin.I have already installed Cygwin but i m facing the difficulty in installing cygipc-2.00.tar.bz2.

I downloaded it as .tar winzip executable but when i m writing the command
tar -xvf cygipc2.00.tar i m getting the message:

tar: cygipc2.00.tar: Cannot open: No such file or directory

DISCLAIMER:The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.