Re: Example Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Example Database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 18 Aug 2003 at 16:19, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> An example database that demonstrates the usage of all the core
> PostgreSQL features. It is one thing to read extensive documentation,
> but it is much more intuitive for me to see an example database, that
> demonstrates the whole thing interacting. I mean, not just the basic
> elements, but an optimized (and maybe nicely documented) database
> getting the best out of views, triggers, indices, rules, stored
> procedures and so on - maybe even a reference database from the
> PostgreSQL developers themselves?

You can look at the database generated and tested when you run make check on
source. That should cover things fairly well..

Of course, truly all encompassing database is bit difficult to construct..:-)

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Heller's Law:    The first myth of management is that it exists.Johnson's
Corollary:    Nobody really knows what is going on anywhere within the