New to list, quick question. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Parker
Subject New to list, quick question.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello everyone.
I have been using PostgreSQL for about 3-4 years now, it's wonderful how
I can make it do things and write Perl programs to interface with it.

Since I do all of the DBA behind the scenes on our company Intranet
(Linux-Apache based), and I really prefer writing Perl programs to do my
simple admin functions. I really like those \d commands (via telnet) and
they tell me a lot of what I need for writing new programs etc, but I
would really like a way to use those through my Perl programs, but
haven't found a way to do so, has anyone done this in this manner yet?
Also, I'd like a way to query a table to find out how much space it is
using, like it's percentage for example, is there a way to do that?

Excuse me if these questions have been asked before, I tried to search
the LIST area and I also did not see anything related to this in the FAQS.

Thanks for any info you can provide me.
--
Rich Parker
http://www.fssi-ca.com