Re: hello sir - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: hello sir
Date
List pgadmin-support
gunjan sharma wrote:

>Hello sir,
>              I am doing mail because I have read ur article on net over Unicode. Sir I am also working over Unicode.
Basicallywhat is my project is that we have to design a gui in java swing and through which we have to retrieve and
storedata in database(ms access).

>But we are trying to do so what happens that data didn’t store in correct format.
>Means if I am storing hindi data then what it is showing in database arbiterary char
>So through our application I am able to store data in database.
>For this I have searched a lot and read some where that it happens due to diffent encoding used by ur databse and
swingcomponent. So what I have done that first read bytes from resultset and then convert that in string what it’s also
notgiving us correct result.

>BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(rs.getCharacterStream(2));
>                        String s = reader.readLine();.
>
>Rs is my result set. Sir I have also tried it with byte stream but it’ s giving same problem.
>As Unicode font I am using arial Unicode ms . I don’t know what is a problem I am searching  on it but don’t find any
answhich can be implemented correctly.

>Sir plz if u have any solution then plz give reply of my this mail.

Hallo Gunjan,
you won't ever get an answer on this list because it's completely
off-topic. There's not a scent of Java or MS Access around here.
Just a hint: use a REAL database system, if you want unicode, PostgreSQL
is first choice.

Regards,
Andreas