Re: Some remarks to pgadmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Some remarks to pgadmin III
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

>>I post them on this list since I could not find a bug tracker.

You found the right list, post all that stuff here!

>>(in no particular order)
>>o Quick drill down in treeview is painfull:.
>>  When drilling down the "+" indicating that there are other
>>elements below
>>  does not appear at once. The node must be selected first

I consider this as annoying too, but as Dave stated there's still no
good solution for this. wxWindows doesn't have [ ] nodes. I've put this
on the TODO list, so this doesn't get lost.

>>o Context-Menu key (the one between the right windows key and
>>the control key)  does not work.

I don't have this key; this windows crop keys are a PITA.
Added "support Shift-F10 for context menu" on TODO

>>o Empty icon when changing task using Alt-Tab

This will probably stay quite a while on the BUGS list. I have
absolutely no idea what to do about that. The app icon is defined 32x32
and 48x48 in a standard way. I'm clueless.

>>o Help menu - Bugreport - no http link works (do you use the proxy settings?)

This is merely a TODO, not a BUG. wxWindows doesn't support automatic proxy.
This reminds me that we still need to embed the pgsql7.4 doc, which in
turn might trigger some work on the help contents.

>>o Dropped servers reappear when changing "display system objects" due to the disconnect/tree refresh
>>

>Added to Bugs

I really believe this isn't worth the effort. Even pgAdmin3 may have a
spot of weird behaviour....

>>o Crtl-A (select all) does not work in most of the text boxes
>> e.g. analyse/vacuum message window
>>      Databse properties comment

Not a bug; Ctrl-A is not a standard key for text boxes. Use Home and
Shift-End instead. Only STC boxes know this key sequence. If we start
implementing every key that STC knows we will go mad.

>>o Query tool shows up with objects creation SQL. Ok this is a feature
>>  but could it be an optional one :-)
>>

>It is - check the Options form :-)

Yeah... even documented!!!

Regards,