Re: Timestamp with zero precision - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Timestamp with zero precision
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12 Aug 2003 at 11:02, Vilson farias wrote:
>  Is there a way to set a "timestamp compatibility mode" for PostgreSQL
> 7.3.3's timestamp with older versions of database (like 7.1.2)? I'd like to
> set all timestamps to have precision = zero (hh:mm:ss only, without any
> millisecond).
>
>  I'm asking this because since I upgraded from 7.1.2 to 7.3.3 all my
> aplications are raising lots and lots of errors due conversions from
> timestamps to strings and it's gonna be very hard to fix all of them and I need
> to avoid database re-creation of database structures.

Well a timestamp will always store a millisecond. It's just that it won't show
you.

May be you can create a view that will use date-time functions to select only
required part? Will that help you?

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Rules for driving in New York:    (1) Anything done while honking your horn is
legal.    (2) You may park anywhere if you turn your four-way flashers on.    (3) A