Timestamp with zero precision - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vilson farias
Subject Timestamp with zero precision
Date
Re: Timestamp with zero precision  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

  Is there a way to set a "timestamp compatibility mode" for PostgreSQL
7.3.3's timestamp with older versions of database (like 7.1.2)? I'd like to
set all timestamps to have precision = zero (hh:mm:ss only, without any
millisecond).

  I'm asking this because since I upgraded from 7.1.2 to 7.3.3 all my
aplications are raising lots and lots of errors due conversions from
timestamps to strings and it's gonna be very hard to fix all of them and I need to avoid database re-creation of database structures.

Thanks in advance.

José Vilson de Mello de Farias
Software Engineer

Dígitro Tecnologia Ltda - www.digitro.com.br