Re: sql99 compat list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shachar Shemesh
Subject Re: sql99 compat list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>Has anyone reviewed the compatibility list for 7.4 yet?
>
>http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/unsupported-features-sql99.html
>
>I seem to remember something about us having the unique predicate now or
>something? Array support is now better, and cursors? String ops for LOBs?
>
>Chris

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Doesn't appear to be on this list, but shouldn't the fact that PSQL
translates undoublequoted identifiers to lower instead of upper case be
mentioned? Also, I think a pretty simple workaround would be to have
PSQL search for the upper case identifier, and if not found, search for
the lower case. This should allow a migration path while the tools and
functions are being translated (and should, perhaps, stay around forever
as a session option for old databases)
         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh