Re: Perfomance Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Perfomance Tuning
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 8 Aug 2003 at 12:28, mixo wrote:

> I have just installed redhat linux 9 which ships with Pg
> 7.3.2. Pg has to be setup so that data inserts (blobs) should
> be able to handle at least 8M at a time. The machine has
> two P III 933MHz CPU's, 1.128G RAM (512M*2 + 128M), and
> a 36 Gig hd with 1 Gig swap and 3 equal size ext3 partitions.
> What would be the recomended setup for good performance
> considering that the db will have about 15 users for
> 9 hours in a day, and about 10 or so users throughout the day
> who wont be conistenly using the db.

You can look at http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html to start
with, although that would not take careof anything specifics to BLOB.

I would suggest some pilot benchmark about how system performs after initial
tuning. We could discuss this in detail after you have a set of initial
benchmark.

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
wolf, n.:    A man who knows all the ankles.