starting Postgres with TCP/IP enabled - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Sol
Subject starting Postgres with TCP/IP enabled
Date
Re: starting Postgres with TCP/IP enabled
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I'm new to programming and postgres and have been going through the
manuals and trying out examples. Everything is going quite well but
there's one thing which hasn't been explained completely.

If I want to start Postgres with TCP/IP connections allowed I can do so
in a root shell thus:
postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data/ -i

This can also be done with pg_ctl command. But how can this option be
set by default so that when postgres is started at boot time, that
TCP/IP connections are enabled already, so that it doesn't have to be
done manually?

I've looked at the script at /etc/init.d/postgresql but I don't really
know BASH very well and I couldn't see where (or whether) to alter this
script.

thankyou in advance; sol
--
Sol Hanna