Out of memory while reading tuples Error - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Karim R. Lakhani
Subject Out of memory while reading tuples Error
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi All,

I have a fairly *large* database and I am running a pretty simple SQL
query exporting it to an ASCII file (running PgAdmin on an IBM T30 Win2K
and PostGres is on P4 1GB RAM):

SELECT  public.stats_project_months.group_id,  public.stats_project_months.developers,
public.stats_project_months.downloads,

FROM  public.meta_project,  public.stats_project_months
WHERE  public.meta_project.cell_id = '205'  AND public.stats_project_months.month = '200202'
ORDER BY  public.stats_project_months.group_id ASC

After about 5 mins of running I get the following error:
"Out of memory while reading tuples"

Is this a problem on the client machine or the machine hosting the database?

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Karim