Re: Tsearch2 or openFTS ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: Tsearch2 or openFTS ?
Date
List pgsql-general
OpenFTS vs Tsearch2

     OpenFTS is a middleware between application and database, so it uses
     tsearch2 as a storage, while database engine is used as a query executor
     (searching). Everything else (parsing of documents, query processing,
     linguistics) carry outs on client side. That's why OpenFTS has its own
     configuration table (fts_conf) and works with its own set of dictionaries.
     OpenFTS is more flexible, because it could be used in multi-server
     architecture with separated machines for repository of documents
     (documents could be stored in file system), database and query engine.

--
Teodor Sigaev                                  E-mail: teodor@sigaev.ru