Re: an aggregate array function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: an aggregate array function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
It's in the SQL99 standard. There's nothing forcing you to use them - I
am a (possibly) old-fashioned data architect, so I never use them ;-)

SQL99 actually allows you to use more or less arbitrary composite types
as columns (although Pg currently doesn't) - many would argue that this
violates first normal form. OTOH there's probably a good case to make
that all this is necessary to provide good support to ObjectRelational
mappings, and other OO stuff.

andrew