Re: Optimization - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Optimization
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 28 Jul 2003 at 12:27, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Unless you're running PostgreSQL 7.1 or earlier, you should be VACUUMing every
> 10-15 minutes, not every 2-3 hours.   Regular VACUUM does not lock your
> database.  You will also want to increase your FSM_relations so that VACUUM
> is more effective/efficient; again, see the articles.

There is an auto-vacuum daemon in contrib and if I understand it correctly, it
is not getting much of a field testing. How about you guys installing it and
trying it?

Bye
 Shridhar

--
O'Reilly's Law of the Kitchen:    Cleanliness is next to impossible