Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better offreplaced - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better offreplaced
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On 7 Nov 2019, at 16:03, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> because we have not explained what a "virgin database" is.

I think this is the key observation.

> We could say "empty", which seems better suited than both "virgin" and
> "pristine" anyway.

empty is a lot better, but still isn't conveying the state of the database
without there being room for interpretation.  (My grasp of the english language
isn't enough to suggest a better alternative however).

cheers ./daniel