Re: php with postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: php with postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marcus Börger wrote:
> ATM i have a patch doing the following:
> Connect:
>  If PQprotocolVersion() is available and >= 3 PQparameterStatus() is available
>  then i check the server version. Else i check the lib version (*).
>  If the version to check is >= 7.2 ido one of the following:
>  - If one of PQprotocolVersion() and PQtransactionStatus() is unavailable or
>    protocol version < 3:
>      "BEGIN;COMMIT;RESET ALL;"
>
>  - If protocol version >= 3 and transaction status == PQTRANS_IDLE:
>      "RESET ALL;"
>  - If protocol version >= 3 and transaction status != PQTRANS_IDLE:
>      "COMMIT;RESET ALL;"

Shouldn't that be
    ROLLBACK; RESET ALL;

and the other one "BEGIN; ROLLBACK; RESET ALL;" ?

I don't want to have the possibly partial transaction from a crashed PHP
script to be committed by default. At least it would be a significant
difference between persistent and non-persistent connections, because we
rollback if we loose the connection.

Jan