Re: pgadmin3 stops working when trying to access/show - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: pgadmin3 stops working when trying to access/show
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Christian Ruediger Bahls wrote:

>hello ..
>
>i develop a webapplication for my universities school of mathematical sciences
>
>it uses postnuke(does not matter) on postgresql(this does :)
>
>i have to make some tables available to my co-workers
>so i told them to use pgadmin3(cant use pgadmin2-> we need encryption)
>unfortunately it allways stops working when showing following
>view(a join of subselects):
>
>SELECT c.title AS sektion, a.title AS titel, b.degree,
>b.givenname AS vor, b.familyname AS nach, b.employer AS inst,
>u.givenname AS vor1, u.familyname AS nach1, u.employer AS inst1,
>v.givenname AS vor2, v.familyname AS nach2, v.employer AS inst2,
>w.givenname AS vor3, w.familyname AS nach3, w.employer AS inst3 FROM
>(((((lectures a JOIN users b ON ((a.uid = b.uid))) JOIN dmv_sections c
>ON ((a.sid = c.sid))) LEFT JOIN (SELECT lecture_coauthors.lid,
>lecture_coauthors.givenname, lecture_coauthors.familyname,
>lecture_coauthors.employer FROM lecture_coauthors WHERE
>(lecture_coauthors.cid = 0)) u ON ((a.lid = u.lid))) LEFT JOIN (SELECT
>lecture_coauthors.lid, lecture_coauthors.givenname,
>lecture_coauthors.familyname, lecture_coauthors.employer FROM
>lecture_coauthors WHERE (lecture_coauthors.cid = 1)) v ON ((a.lid =
>v.lid))) LEFT JOIN (SELECT lecture_coauthors.lid,
>lecture_coauthors.givenname, lecture_coauthors.familyname,
>lecture_coauthors.employer FROM lecture_coauthors WHERE
>(lecture_coauthors.cid = 2)) w ON ((a.lid = w.lid))) ORDER BY a.sid,
>a.lid;
>
>do you know of any similar problems ?
>do you have a fix(that i could pull via snapshot into my debian?)?
>
>you can find more information to reproduce this failure at:
>http://dmv.math.uni-rostock.de/downloads/pgadmin3.html
>
>thank you very much in advance
>  christian bahls
>
>PS: i am not subscribed to -hackers .. so please cc to me :)

Hi Christian,
this could be a problem in libpq. What happens if you execute that
select .... from pg_rule in the query tool? Will it run if you reduce
the number of selected columns (esp. ev_action)?

Regards,
Andreas