Re: IN clauses via setObject(Collection) [Was: Re: Prepare - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: IN clauses via setObject(Collection) [Was: Re: Prepare
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Fernando Nasser wrote:

> Darin Ohashi wrote:
>
>>> There is no technical reason why sql prepare cannot support "IN ?"
>>> If it is not supported by the backend at the moment should not
>>> affect the general decision of whether or not having such a feature
>>> is useful to have in the jdbc driver or not.
>>>

> Unfortunately it does.  How can we justify a feature that only works
> when we are simulating prepared statements and fails when we are using
> the real PREPARED statements as provided by the server?

It should not *fail* of course.
The driver should take care of it. If the backend does not support
PREPARE/EXECUTE with sets as parameters, the driver should  know about
that, and handle it as a special case

Dima