jdbc batch performance problem - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From pginfo
Subject jdbc batch performance problem
Date
Re: jdbc batch performance problem  (Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk>)
Re: jdbc batch performance problem  (Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I am using pg + jdbc for j2ee development from a long time.
The main problem I found is the very bad insert performance.
I am using addBatch and executeBatch for minimum network trafik,
but it is also very slow.
For example if I try to insert 1000 rows ( in one transaction) into very
simple table
it takes ~ 3000 ms. If i use insert into myTable select ... it takes
only 10 ms.

Exist any basic performance problem for pg jdbc or I make mistake?
Also I testet the same example on oracle 8i and mysql.
It is working much much better.
I love pg but it will be great if I can make insert faster.

Many thanks,
ivan.