Re: Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Fernando Nasser
Subject Re: Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dmitry Tkach wrote:
>> I would be surprised if there was not a document
>> somewhere that specified what is and is not valid to pass via a "?".
>>

> If there is any, I've never heard of it...

It is in the JDBC spec.  For each function and JDBC type it clearly
states what is the SQL type to be sent.  It clearly indicates that each
'?' corresponds to a single value of a standard SQL type.

Things like sending a series of values (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) or x'b4' are
hacks that explore bugs in a non-JDBC compliant driver.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300