Re: setFetchSize [Viruschecked] - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: setFetchSize [Viruschecked]
Date
Re: setFetchSize [Viruschecked]  (Felipe Schnack <felipes@ritterdosreis.br>)
List pgsql-jdbc

Felipe Schnack wrote:
>   Hi Patric!
>   hm... would be nice if this patch of yours were in the current driver... you submitted it to the maintainers?
>   I actually don't understand why the default behaviour is to fetch all data, seems crazy to me :-)

In 7.4 the protocol that clients use to talk with the server has changed
to allow much more efficient fetching of data.  One of the reasons this
was changed was because of feedback from the jdbc driver developers.  So
in the future this will work much better than today.  Unfortunately it
will take time before all of the new features in the V3 protocol are
utilized by the jdbc code.  But it is now possible to do a much better job.

thanks,
--Barry