Re: relevance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Terence Kearns
Subject Re: relevance
Date
List pgsql-sql
Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:

>>You could probably write a function in postgres (say, "matchcount()")
>>which returns the match count (possibly using perl and a regex).
>

> Why reinvent the wheel when tsearch already does the job perfectly
> and is PostgreSQL compaitable.

Tsearch2 looks like it would be very useful but it's a lot of work to
implement IMHO. At least it will probably (assumption) be a lot more
efficient for massive amounts of data.

Remember the original question was regarding how to list results in
order of how many hits were returned for each matched record.

--
Terence Kearns ~ ph: +61 2 6201 5516
IT Database/Applications Developer