Re: Date Iteration - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: Date Iteration
Date
List pgsql-novice
Well...
Something like 'same day next week'  (now () + '1 weeks') or 'same date
next month' (now () + '1 months') etc is simple.
Stuff like 'next Monday' is messier - the simplest thing I could think of is

now () + '1 weeks'    - (date_part ('dow', now()) || ' days') + '1 days'
::interval  (for next Monday for example) or
now () + '1 months'  - (date_part ('day', now())  || 'days')  + '25
days'::interval  (for the 25th next month)

etc.

Something like crond is much better suited for caledars then plain old
sql :-)

Dima