Re: Need help for our thesis. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: Need help for our thesis.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Mika

Currently you can use dblink which queries a remote database and returns
the data as a table. This works nicely for PostgreSQL. There is also a
JDBC version in progress.
We have writte an Oracle version of dblink.

SELECT * FROM dblink('connectstr', 'SELECT ...') AS some_type;

This works nicely.
Still, this is not a full implementation of distributed queries - this
would be a huge project. There has already been some discussion about
that on the hackers list.
Regards,
    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria