Re: pgAdmin3 wxstd.po new translation file (don't - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: pgAdmin3 wxstd.po new translation file (don't
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Dear friends,
>

>Please note that wxstd.po is part of wxWindows. In French, there were 10
>missing strings in wxstd.po, therefore I did the translation.
>
>If wxstd.po is empty in your language, don't loose time translating it. Our
>goal is to publish pgAdmin3 translations, not to tranlate wxWindows.
>
>:)

Yes, I agree with Jean-Michel.
Actually, wxWindows checks for the mere existence of wxstd.mo, and will
return "FALSE" if it's not present. So it's a somewhat technical thing,
only few strings are actually used.
So far, I haven't found a way to extract just the strings that we really
need (except for the languages). Maybe at a later time, we just click
through the program and create a translation source file manually.

Regards,
Andreas