Re: Compile error in current cvs (~1230 CDT July 4) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Compile error in current cvs (~1230 CDT July 4)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I get the following compilation error when making postgres from current CVS:
> timestamp.c: In function `tm2timestamp':
> timestamp.c:69: warning: implicit declaration of function `elog'
> timestamp.c:69: `ERROR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> timestamp.c:69: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> timestamp.c:69: for each function it appears in.)
> make[4]: *** [timestamp.o] Error 1
>
> This is on a  machine with RH 6.1.
>
> The following configure command was used:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql --enable-integer-datetimes --with-pgport=5433

Yeah, I've been getting that since Wednesday morning (west coast USA
time), and reported it Wednesday evening, but no one else has replied to
that post, so I thought maybe it was somehow related to the othee ecpg
issues being discussed.

I sync'd up after Tom committed the lost commits from Wednesday, and I'm
still seeing the issue. Adding

+ #include "utils/elog.h"

to timestamp.c lets me compile, but I'm left with two warnings:

timestamp.c: In function `PGTYPEStimestamp_from_asc':
timestamp.c:315: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion
timestamp.c:319: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion

Joe