Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Will Hartung
Subject Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling
Date
Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling
List pgsql-general
> On May 20, 2019, at 2:55 PM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:

> And it pathologically loads even when there's just a PK on the numeric field?

Yea, that works fine.

> Drop all indexes, load data, recreate indexes?

No, I use the incremental load as it gives a much better indication when the process has gone off the deep end.

> But pg_restore only creates indexes AFTER the data loads.

Yes. Demonstrating that it doesn’t work either incrementally or all at once.

(No, I have no confidence that the Aurora build will ever finish in any reasonable amount of time.)