Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Date
List pgsql-general
I could really use some links to these performance comparisons. Oracle performance statistics are problematic though,as
allcontracts to use Oracle require the user to NEVER share performance information to the public. Someone should sue
themfor that. Or figure out a way to influence the market to start being pissed off about that.

Anyway, I'm going to write a paper for my masters on using PGSL vs. Oracle vs. SQL Server vs. DB2. Any and all sources
ofperformance, usage, configurations, etc of these would be most welcome.