Re: DBD::Pg 1.30_1 WAS (Re: Prepare and prepare ?) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Dominic Mitchell
Subject Re: DBD::Pg 1.30_1 WAS (Re: Prepare and prepare ?)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Tim Bunce wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 10:00:21AM +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
>
>>One more thing for the change log:  notice messages generated by the
>>database now use the perl warning mechanism instead of going to stderr,
>>so they can be trapped if needed.
>

> Hopefully implemented as
>
>     if (DBIc_WARN(imp_xxh))
>         warn("...", ...)
>
> The $h->{Warn} attribute defaults to true. Can be useful to silence
> warnings for a handle without having to play games with $SIG{__WARN__}.

See, I told you I wasn't an XS guru.  :-)

Actually, I looked at this, but my limited C and DBI skills couldn't
work out a) what the required handle was (probably dbh) and b) how to
pass that into the PQsetNoticeProcessor function as data and get it out
again.

I'll happily take another look though, now that it's been brought up as
desirable.

-Dom (time to reread K&R, methinks)