Re: Bootstrap - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Adam H. Pendleton
Subject Re: Bootstrap
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
The error you are getting, Jean-Michel, is:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwx_gtkd_stc-2.4
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This means that the linker is unable to find the wxstc library from
wxWindows.  The patch that I submitted to Dave earlier will make this
appear like a wxWindows, instead of like a pgsql error, as it has been
for you.  To fix this error you must make sure that you:

1) Run configure with --with-wx=/directory, unless you compiled and
installed wxWindows with --prefix=/usr, --prefix=/usr/local, or
--prefix=/usr/local/wx2.  If you didn't compile wxWindows with a
--prefix option, then it is installed under /usr/local, and autoconf
will find it there.

2) Make sure you build the stc and xrc libraries.  After running 'make
install' in the root wxWindows directory, you must also run 'make' and
'make install' in the contrib/src/stc and contrib/src/xrc directories to
install these optional libraries, on which pgadmin3 is dependent.

If you do both of the above, configure should work fine for you.  If it
doesn't, send me your config.log again.  Looking at the config.log you
sent me before, it would appear that you have neglected to do step 2
above, since the check for step 1 succeedeeds.

ahp