mod_perl + PostgreSQL implementation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From alex b.
Subject mod_perl + PostgreSQL implementation
Date
List pgsql-general
hello...

I'm getting really frustrated now... I have nearly no hair left...

after hours of trying I finally intalled mod_perl(1.3.27) and a new
apache(1.3.27) - I istalled/compiled mod_perl as DSO/apxs...

everything works fine, really - except loading the Pg module - not
DBD::Pg, but Pg (v. 2.0.2). if I do start a script like that (in the
mod_perl directory) then the harddrive starts workig like on steroids
and soon the browser just stops receiving data or stops waiting for the
server. I took a look at the syslog and found a few glorious lines
(about 20) - each request for that script kills on daemon.

May 19 00:36:07 TOXIC6 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 18677 (httpd).

-------------- code --------------
use Pg;
use strict;

print "content-type: text/html\n\n";

print "TEST!";

...and thats all... the daemon gets killed because of "no memory"

the thing is that I can start the very same script in /cgi-bin and it'll
work flawlessly!

there have been discussions about a memory leak - but I don't know if it
has been fixed yet...

cheers - alex