Re: Autoconf code - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Adam H. Pendleton
Subject Re: Autoconf code
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
It turns out the the real problem here is the "-static" flag to g++
(well, actually to ld).  On my redhat system, at least, this causes a
list of undefined symbols that I can't even begin to track down.
Removing the flag causes the program to compile fine.  I would just say
to any developer that if their system allows them to build with the
"-static" flag, then you can use it by changing:

LDFLAGS = @LDFLAGS@ -lpq

in Makefile.in to:

LDFLAGS = -static @LDFLAGS@ -lpq

Try it on your system and see what happens.  Incidentally, the "correct"
way to compile in a new library is to use -l<lib>, not to list the full
library.  So you should use -lcrypt instead of /usr/lib/libcrypt.a.  Not
that it matters.  At least it *shouldn't*.  :)

ahp

P.S. -- Attached is the latest code.

Attachment