Re: Autoconf Work - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Adam H. Pendleton
Subject Re: Autoconf Work
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> So at the moment, we either need wxWindows 2.4.0 from source or the
> additional file. How about checking this file in autoconf and copying
> it into place if missing?

I sent a message in reply directly to Andreas, but I thought I would
send one to the list as well.  gridsel.h is included with the wxWindows
2.4.0 source distribution, but it is *not* installed by the 'make
install' command.  IMO, this leaves us the following options regarding
fixing the problem with autoconf:

1) Use an configure option to point to a wxWindows source tree
location.  Autoconf can then include that file when building pgadmin3.
This means that pgadmin3 will not compile against a binary distribution
of wxWindows, though.

2) Provide a patch for the wxWindows source distribution to install the
gridsel.h file.  This would not require autconf to do any special
checks, but once again, pgadmin3 won't build against a binary wxWindows
distribution.

3) Include the file with the pgadmin3 sources.  I realize that gridsel.h
isn't part of the pgadmin3 code base, per se, but this options allows
building against binary wxWindows distributions, as well as not
requiring autoconf to do any special checking for the file.

What is the consensus?

ahp