Re: Advice returning data as an array - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Erik Jones
Subject Re: Advice returning data as an array
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Aug 20, 2009, at 5:07 AM, George Woodring wrote:

> I have the following query that works the way I need:
>
> SELECT '20090812' AS date, sum(in_oct) AS bytes, sum(in_pkt) AS
> pkts, 'appl' AS name, ARRAY['appl'] AS fields, CAST((LEAST(src_port,
> dst_port)) AS varchar) as fieldVal FROM flow_history.flows_20090812
> GROUP BY fieldVal ORDER BY bytes DESC LIMIT 20;
>
> My issue is that I need to get the fieldVal  to return as an array
> and be fieldVal[1].  Any suggestions?

The manual has everything you should need: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/arrays.html#ARRAYS-IO   What
wouldhelp us help you past that is if you show what you have

already tried so we know where you need correction/help.

Erik Jones, Database Administrator
Engine Yard
Support, Scalability, Reliability
866.518.9273 x 260