Re: [SQL] rewriting values with before trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: [SQL] rewriting values with before trigger
Date
Re: [SQL] rewriting values with before trigger  (nolan@celery.tssi.com)
List pgsql-general
How about putting the data validity and conversion routine in ONE trigger?

OR, deliberately name your triggers with alphanumerical prefixes that forces them to fire in a certain order, and
makingthe trigger that does the conversion fire first?

I have no idea how the transport of a value of '' happens in the parser if it's expecing a NULL/INT value, if it would
evenmake it to the trigger stage <shrug>.