[Fwd: Question] - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject [Fwd: Question]
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi guys,

Does anyone have the inclination to talk to these guys?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Question
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:49:21 -0400
From: CGSI Inc. - GCIS Inc. <info@cgsi.ca>
To: <justin@postgresql.org>
CC: <info@gcis.ca>

**
*Hello.  We are considering using Postgre SQL over SQL server.  We need
the trigger*
*capability.  However, I am told by a few programmers that Postgre
operated slower*
*than say SQL server or other database solutions in the same category.*
**
*First, is there any thruth to this?   If it is so, how could you
explain that?   What are*
*the remedies?*
* *
*
(We are assuming that all platforms run on all the same servers, hence
have access*
*to all the same amount of memory and processing power).*
*** *
*Thank you for your answer*
*** *
*Serge Thibodeau,*