Re: dum query plan - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jean-Luc Lachance
Subject Re: dum query plan
Date
List pgsql-performance
Your WHERE clause is the reason you get O(N^2).

How about describing in words what you want.

maybe what you really want is:

select left_entry from entry_pairs A where not exists (
  select 1 from entry_pairs B where A.right_entry = B.left_entry)

JLL