Re: Conformance of PostgreSQL to ANSI/ISO Standard - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: Conformance of PostgreSQL to ANSI/ISO Standard
Date
List pgsql-hackers
J M Sykes wrote:
> I have been looking at
>
> ftp://ftp.be.postgresql.org/postgresql/doc/7.2/reference-7.2-A4.pdf
>
> and on page 70, CREATE TABLE, Compatibility, I find a statement that
> suggests the writer was under a misapprehension.
>
> You say first:
>
> <quote>
> The CREATE TABLE conforms to SQL92 Intermediate and to a subset of SQL99,
> with exceptions listed below and in the descriptions above.

> However, none of these conform to SQL:1992 at any level (or to
> the temporary tables feature of SQL:1999), so you're in good
> company, but apparently mistaken.

Yeah. This was the subject of my confusion as well. Tom sorts it
out:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=3E28A02C.5090900%40mascari.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DMike%2BMascari%2Btemp%2Bglobal%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den

> FYI, though not a member of the ANSI committee, I do contribute to the ISO
> working group.
>
> Mike Sykes.

Mike Mascari