Re: Batch replication ordering (was Re: [GENERAL] 32/64-bit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: Batch replication ordering (was Re: [GENERAL] 32/64-bit
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm not really very cognizant of these slave/master things. I know I will have
to be someday.

but the case I heard in the conversation that seemed to most be appropriate to
batching was when a slave starts from a clean slate. It should not be able to be
accessed until it has caught up, true. But catching up a blank slave would most
definitely hammer on a master, I think.