Test databases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mlw
Subject Test databases
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Not sure if anyone cares, but I know early on I needed a few large
databases to test with, and I have seen a couple requests for database
sources. On my website (www.mohawksoft.com) in "downloads" I posted two
free database loaders.

The first one (mentioned earlier) is the TigerUA database from the U.S.
Census.
The second one is the FreeDB database, www.freedb.com, which is a
database of user entered CD information. There are almost 700K CDs in
them,  and over 8 million individual song titles.

These are useful for testing how postgresql works with large data sets.
For instance, using the freedb database, try doing this:

update cdsongs set cdid=5;

Mark.