Re: Live Link to Oracle? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Live Link to Oracle?
Date
List pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 08:37:16AM -0400, Ted Taylor wrote:
>
>>I'd like to set up a pgsql database that has server-based links back to
>>an Oracle db.  Not replication, but a live link (the data I'm looking
>>for can change rapidly).  The pgsql client would see it as a native
>>pgsql table, but the pgsql server would submit the query to Oracle in
>>real-time.  Basically, a view of the Oracle data.
>
> There is a dblink in in the postgres source that does this between seperate
> postgres servers. Perhaps just altering this to deal if oracle servers
> instead would be possible?

Someone has already modified dblink to use JDBC successfully. He sent me
the code, but did not announce anything because he really didn't have
time to support it.

I'm hoping to have enough time to integrate the jdbclink code into
dblink before the freeze for 7.4, but no promises.

Joe