Backpatch FK changes to 7.3 and 7.2? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Backpatch FK changes to 7.3 and 7.2?
Date
List pgsql-general

The changes I committed to address most of the FK deadlock problems
reported can easily be applied to the 7.3 and 7.2 source trees as well.

Except for a slight change in the text of the error message that gets
thrown "if one tries to delete a referenced PK for which a FK with ON
DELETE SET DEFAULT exists" (it's a rare case, believe me), this patch
would qualify for backpatching. The unnecessary FOR UPDATE lock of
referenced rows could be counted as a bug.

Opinions?

Jan